2016 RESOLUTIONS

9:00:00 am


HAPPY NEW YEAR! What I have to say about my 2015? From what I have found out among those I know, 2015 isn't a good or bad year. It's comme ci comme ça, for me, just like I've just sleep through a typical dream. How sad is that :C... Anyway, wipe the tears away, we have kissed goodbye to 365/365 full attendance and at the same time welcomes another brand new year! I hope that 2016 will do good to me. It's a good start when I have the chance to start the very first day shopping with my family. And I am QUOTED in Her World January 2016 issue! Go buy this issue! Nothing to boast about but I'm still very happy. This makes me wanna start to recollect magazines again! 

I've been wondering what I should write about in my first post of the year. I was expecting to be filled with brand new inspiring ideas for I wasn't fond of listing out my resolutions for the year. But then, Kana from Life in Wanderlust written a blogpost HERE which has just changed my mind. Initially, I thought that having a rough idea on what I should be doing this year will be enough. But, on the second thought of it, it would also be great to share my resolutions with my readers as well. Not only that this post can act as a list for me to refer to as the day passes, I can also have you guys to be the force kicking my ass going. So, here the list goes...

Go Travel
I'm envious of people who are able to gather some guts (and money) to discover new places. Even MORE toward those who did it all by themselves. So, THIS YEAR IT IS, I want to be the one who goes travelling, regardless of the place being within or outside of Malaysia. Since I think that I'm not really prepared to go travelling alone, I should start it off by doing the whole journey planning for one travel first with either friends or family. I just need some time to get used to it.

Clear My Sleep Debt
Burning the midnight oil was nothing to me during the school years. I can work on projects till dawn and feel proud that I've just gone through the night with less than 3 hours of sleep. You can clearly see how stupid I am. Not until I found that the dark circles and eye bags scared me off when I looked into the mirror and imagined myself has been holding up this tiresome face everywhere I go. I will never torture my body again starting from this year. I'll make sure that I get 8 hours of sleep daily!

Read More Books
This is kinda related to the previous resolution. Since I want that 8 hours of sleep badly, I need to have a strict routine which is to off the light sharp at 11pm (this is the latest time I should go). I've been reading articles lately that electronics increases the difficulty of one to doze off. This means that I'll have to sign off at 10pm. And not to put that precious one hour to waste, I'll make sure that I use it for reading. I have a shelf of books to be read!

Re-learn French
Fyi, my first language is Mandarin and I picked up Cantonese from HK dramas. I learned Malay and English simultaneously in school. My fourth language would be French. I'm still at beginner level even though I've took French classes for one semester. And now, I think it has gone from bad to worst. This is why I think I have to brush up my French language. Maybe there is a reader who can chat with me in French? Hahah...

Train To Be Fit
Don't get me wrong. I do not mean to lose weight and look skinny. I just want my flabby part to be more tone. This is one way to gain confidence as well as to lead a healthier lifestyle. I do not want my body to age more than my actual age does. I am inspired by Zmei! Besides that, I'll try my best to eat clean (and drink more water) so that it can bring some improvement to my skin. I'll be adapting some routines from ToneItUp. Anyone in Malaysia is in #TIUTeam? Let's team up!

Worry Less
I'm 25 this year, which means I've been living my life for two and a half decades in a stressful way for I took everything seriously. I tend to overthink too. When I look back, there was nothing I find meaningful to reminisce at. I guess even my friends are afraid of my seriousness XD. I'm really tired of worrying this and that to the extent that I gain myself a lot of eye wrinkles. So, let's try to have this year worrying less, enjoying more. I'll do my part and let the rest falls into place.

Treasure Family Time
I've been staying with my parents all this while since I was born...after completing STPM and still staying together now after graduating. Among my siblings, I'm the one who spend most time at home with my parents. I'm grateful for that and would like to maintain it (but not the being unemployed part). Apart from that, I promise myself to not eagerly swiping for more News Feeds. I'll put down my phone and talk more to them instead.

Involve In Outdoor Activities
I admit that I'm such a passive person. (But I'm SUPER active online) During my days on practicum, I realized that I am not good in activities. I was amazed by my friends, even my students, for being actively involved in activities other than curriculum. Thus, I have this desire to try out certain activities like rock climbing, bowling, skating and maybe SPARTAN RACE when I've build up my stamina!

Be Employed
Before graduating, I've been wanting to spend some time to do something I've been longing to do. My wish was granted and I have three months (and still counting...) of holiday. I did achieve something I've wanted to but at the same time I feel guilty for not bringing home any income. I feel bad for using my parents' money but I'm heartache to use my own money when I do not earn any stable income. Therefore, I must be EMPLOYED this year!

I guess nine resolutions is enough for now. How about you? Do you share any similar one with me? Or do you aim higher? Let me know about it!

Weights & Dresses,
Zyin

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for mentioning my link! I'm so glad it inspired you to write this post because it's great and I loved reading it! I can concur with all of them but especially worrying less and sleeping more! I'll share this post on my Twitter so others can read it too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! That is so kind of you!

      Zyin

      Delete

@nicole_wongtzemei

@zyinwty